I’ve been making a lot of things lately with Dates, Prunes and other dried fruits….with a few hits 😂 trying to make healthier options is tough…this recipe isn’t overly healthy but I feel better about sending the kids out with these instead of other sweets.
They are super yummy so healthiness aside I think you’ll all love them.
- 100grm dates
- 125grm butter at room temp
- 100grm brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 180 deg and grease muffin tin, I found this batter makes 16 average sized muffins
- Put dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add one egg at a time and mix thoroughly in between.
- Add vanilla and bananas and beat in
- Sift flour and dry ingredients and mix in.
- Drain dates and blend up then add in mixing gently
- Spoon into muffin tray, sprinkle with a little raw sugar if you want and bake for 18-25 mins.