I’ve been trying to mix up the lunchboxes with a little healthier options (apart from the cup of sugar lol 😂 this is a pretty good treat option)
All 3 big kids love this bread … ok cake 😂
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 200grm Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 150grm Dried Apricots chopped
- 3 tbsp icing sugar (optional for a glaze topping)
- A squeeze of lemon or orange (optional for glaze)
- Heat oven to 180deg and line a loaf tin.
- Put flour and baking powder in a bowl and stir, then add eggs, butter and caster sugar. Mix with electric mixer for around 3 minutes
- Add in apricots and raisins then mix again for a minute
- Pour into tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, checking the middle with a skewer after 40 mins.
- Let sit in the tin for 10 minutes
- **if you want a little glaze, mix the icing sugar and juice and drizzle over top while still warm.