I recently read the latest book by author Jenn J McLeod, those of you who know me know I love my books! I also love Lavender! So when reading her latest novel ‘A Place to Remember’, and it speaking of lavender in baking throughout I thought ‘Yes’!!! Lavender, I need to bake with lavender. I found a basic recipe online and added, yes lavender 🙂
I hope you love these muffins as much as we did, this is for sure a go to recipe from now on.
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 Lemon – juice and zest
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Lavender buds – ground
- Preheat oven to around 180 deg and line muffin tray
- Whip together sugar, lavender and lemon zest – put 1/4 aside
- Beat in butter and eggs until fluffy. Then beat in honey, coconut milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until combined
- Pour batter into trays and then sprinkle tops with remaining sugar – this will make a flakey sweet cruncy top.
- Cook for 20 – 25 mins, checking after 20.