It’s the start of a long weekend here and already the volume of the house has risen higher than I’d like. Toddler wants to hit everyone and throw things which is just such fun 😒 middle child bounces constantly… luckily Miss 8 is being an angel and super helpful lately. Anyway….I hope you all have a great long weekend 😊 I’m planning an outing and park plays to keep some sanity. Oh and no slice for the kids until the bouncing and hitting stops! Miss 8 being the exception.
I’ve been meaning to make a lemon slice for ages and with a coffee catch up tomorrow it was good timing to make one. I hope you enjoy x
- 250grm arrowroot biscuits
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup fine coconut
- 125grm melted butter
- 1-2 tbsp lemon rind
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 60grm melted butter
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Crush biscuits finely using a rolling pin (put biscuits in a snap lock bag then roll) put crushed biscuits in a bowl
- Add rind and coconut to bowl
- Mix butter and condensed milk in a saucepan. Once melted add to biscuit mixture and stir through
- Push down into a slice tray. Put in the fridge for an hour
- Mix icing mixture and spread over top of cooled base. Put back in the fridge til set.
Enjoy 😊 x