We were given so many mandarins they’re everywhere!
This recipe used up 8 out of a million 😂
- 8 mandarins (6 tbsp juice and 1 tbsp zest)
- 1 & 1/2 cups SR flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- Heat oven to 170 deg. Line a cake tin or loaf pan with baking paper
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl
- Mix oil, milk, vanilla, butter, zest and 4 tbsp juice in another bowl
- Mix eggs and sugar together in a large bowl (using electric mixer this time) add flour mix and oil mix bit by bit until all mixed and runny
- Pour into tin and cook for 1 hr. Test to see if cooked by inserting a knife or toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean
- Leave to cool in tin before moving to cooling rack – about half an hour
- When cooled mix 2 tbsp with icing sugar and spread
This recipe would taste amazing using lemon or orange too!
Note ** this is has a strong mandarin flavour so reduce amount of juice if you like. Would still be delicious with just a hint of mandarin.