This weather is terrible for making dough…it takes forever to rise and sometimes doesn’t at all. I decided to try again using a variation on my usual recipe and even though it tastes awesome the dough didn’t actually rise as much as I’d like. I love winter but summer is so much better for baking. Anyway recipe below. I hope you enjoy
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl
- Make a well in the middle and add milk and butter
- Mix in bowl then usw hands to bring together into a ball
- Layout on a lightly floured surface and kneed for 10 mins
- Lightly oil bowl and place dough in. Cover with damp teatowel and let sit until doubled in size…about 1 hr (although its cold here so took nearly 2 hours and still didn’t rise as much as usual)
- Once risen layout again and kneed for a few mins…maybe 2-5
- Then it’s ready to use….for bread, rolls, scrolls….whatever you like.
***if making scrolls use a rolling pin to roll out in 2 batches. Cover with vegemite and grated cheese.