This morning was the first in 2 months I didn’t have to leave the house at the crack of dawn for kid’s sport. I lazed around with 2 of the 3 kids and watched a movie. Bliss!!!! Then Miss 8 said she wanted to bake something so here we are.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 125grm softened butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tbsp milk
- Heat oven at 180 deg. Mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer
- Warm milk and syrup in microwave for 20 sec
- Stir bicarb into milk/syrup (it will foam up – Ruby thought that was so cool 😎 )
- Add it to the butter mix and stir
- Sift flour onto mixture and stir with a spoon til mixed
- Roll into balls ans flatten slightly. Cook for 11-13 mins (ours took 13)
- Let cool on tray for 5 mins before moving to a cooling rack.