Slow cookers are the best right! Chuck a bunch of stuff in early and by dinner it’s ready! I got given our slow cooker a while back and everytime I find a new recipe I get excited!
I love this recipe and I’ve made it a few times now. 4 out of the 5 of us love it … this time it’s my biggest kid (big man child) who doesn’t like it… the smell of it?? So won’t even try. I guarantee this is delicious and if all 3 of my kids devour it .. well it must be good.
P.s it actually smells awesome!
- 2 chicken breasts (skin off)
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Sesame seeds & rice to serve
- Place rougly cut up chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add onion on top
- Mix soy, garlic, ginger, syrup and water together and then pour over chicken.
- Cook in low for 8 hrs
- Once cooked drain liquid into a saucepan. Shred the chicken and put to one side
- Slowly let sauce simmer and then mix flour with a little water pour into sauce and let simmer until thickened
- Add in chicken and stir
- Cook rice
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds