8pm and finally I get to sit down…well not 100%, I still need to wash the dishes and fold another mountain of laundry but the kids are in bed so I can share my latest creation with you now.
This cake is delicious, it’s soft in the centre and slightly crunchy on the outside with a tangy icing to round it off. I once again have been great with my diet and only had the smallest nibble but everyone else in the house said it’s amazing.
Note – you can add walnuts to this recipe but I’ve left them out so I can put in lunchboxes.
I hope you enjoy it too 🙂
- cup SR Flour
- Qtr tsp Clove
- Qtr tsp Cinnamon
- Qtr Tsp Nutmeg
- teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt
- cup caster sugar
- cups grated carrot
- cup olive oil
- teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp soft butter
- 4 drops Vanilla Essence
- Lemon peel to serve (or sprinkle grated)
- Sift flour and spices in a bowl
- Add sugar and carrots. Make a well in the middle then add eggs, oil and vanilla
- Mix well with a spoon
- Pour into a greased cake tin or loaf
- Bake at 160 deg for 45 minutes, check to see if cooked through by inserting a knife into the centre and if it comes out clean you’re good to go.
- Cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a cake cooler.
- When cool, ice the top of the cake with the lemon icing
- ICING Mix icing sugar, lemon juice and softened butter well together. Add vanilla essence. Spread onto cooled cake and top with lemon peel.