Today I made ‘To die for Creamy Garlic Prawns’ that I just had to share with you all.
Since it’s not practical to go out on an actual ‘Lunch Date’ with the man (The weather is insane in Adelaide at the moment, plus bubs isn’t the best – he needs grommets, this is a whole other blog I’ll write one day…sleep is ridiculosly scarce lately and I’m at some whole new stage/level of tired – euphoric even? But we’ll talk about this another day) so we dined in ;-p
Now this isn’t a dirt cheap meal, however it is a cheap meal compared to if we went out. It could be made cheaper, and will once we get a deep freezer then I can stock up on prawns when they’re on special at the markets. Per person it cost $10 but it was soooooo good!
Right, so here’s the recipe:
- 18 x King Prawns (Go local Aussie otherwise you don’t really know what you’re getting)
- Cup (or more) Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 2 x Cloves of garlic crushed
- 100grm Butter
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 400ml Thickened cream
- 1 x tsp Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- First, get rice cooking – I use Tupperware’s rice cooker and it takes 20 minutes.
- Peel prawns and put aside.
- Crush garlic and cook with butter.
- Once melted add in flour and cook for 1 minute to get rid of that floury taste.
- Then pour in cream and wait until it’s bubbling, throw in prawns and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, salt & pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Enjoy! annnnnnd you will !
The SavvyChumbawumba 🙂